Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Halftime at philly 49-41 Knicks

49-41 at the half. Knicks led by 16 at one point. The team was a bit sloppy and had a few defensive lapses. Not nearly as strong as they were in the first quarter, but some nice plays by Bill Walker including an aggressive dunk! Carmelo has 13 points, 8 rebounds, AND a second blocked shot. Playing very well, but I did see him slacking off on defense. (NO soup for you!)

The best stat I can report is 2 turnovers in the first half, but Philly had only 3. Philly shooting 37.5% for the half, so stat-wise the Knicks are playing great D, but looking at the game you can see some lapses. Maybe I am expecting too much from these players. I keep hoping to be blown away by the defensive effort, but I should be accepting of their limitations. Still, a big improvement from the Knicks for the energy on defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment