Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carmelo tips his hat to himself again

The great Carmelo Anthony has now decided to throw the coach under the bus and tell the media,  “(We have to) come up with a scheme or a couple of schemes we’re going to stick with and do better at,” Anthony said yesterday. “Right now, one game we come in with one scheme. Another game we come in with a different scheme. I think it’s a bit confusing at times.”

Why does this remind me of "I tip my hat to myself"?

After Tuesday's 119-117 loss at Indiana, Anthony also questioned the defense on Tyler Hansbrough, who killed the Knicks, with 59 points in two games, and posted two consecutive career highs. Anthony added, "I don't think we made adjustments to him at the top of the key, especially after the game he had in the Garden..I'd think we'd have made adjustments after that."

So Carmelo's a coach now? Since when has Carmelo Anthony PLAYED defense? He usually watches his man blow past him, as he waits patiently for his next opportunity to chuck the ball at the basket. At this point, coach D'Antoni needs to "say no to Carmelo", and tell him to keep his criticism "under his hat".

Let's hope they can prove me wrong, because so far I have been spot on with everything that's now coming to light about this team.

Denver is now 9-2 since the trade, while the Knicks are 6-6. George Karl can be seen visibly smirking whenever talking about Anthony, and how his team has become a solid defensive squad since the trade.

And here's a telling statistic-  "According to NBA.com, the telling stat of the Melo-'Mare combo is through the 344 minutes when they are both on the floor together, the Knicks are just a plus-1. That might be as telling about their defensive instincts as whether they can share the ball."

Hate to say it, but...."I told ya so..."



No comments:

Post a Comment